It’s critical to give your RV the care it need as winter draws to a close and spring approaches so that it is prepared for the journey ahead. An extensive maintenance checkup done in the spring will help keep your RV in good working order all season long and prevent unforeseen failures. MJ Truck has repaired many RV and trucking vehicles, so we know what to look for before you begin your new adventures!
Here is a detailed checklist of every important RV maintenance activity that has to be done in the spring, including engine checks, tire inspections, and propane system checks.
Engine & Oil Inspections:
- If necessary, inspect and replace the air filter.
- Check the levels of all fluids and add as necessary.
- All belts and hoses should be checked and tightened.
- Replace the battery if necessary after testing it.
- Look for damage or leaks in the exhaust system.
TIP: Make sure the battery is completely charged and the fuel tank is at least half full before turning on the engine.
- Examine each tire for signs of wear and deterioration.
- Inspect tire pressure and make necessary adjustments.
- Verify the lug nuts’ tightness and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Examine and correct the brake system as necessary.
- Check the suspension system and alignment.
TIP: Before driving your RV, make sure to check the tire pressure while the tires are still cool.
Propane System Inspections:
- Check all tanks and pipes for damage and leakage.
- If the propane detector has to be replaced, test it first.
- If necessary, inspect the propane regulator and replace it.
- All propane appliances should be tested, and those that are defective should be replaced.
TIP: Before evaluating the system, make sure to turn off all propane-powered equipment and turn off the supply.
- Examine the roof once more and repair any damage or leaks.
- Make any necessary repairs after checking all windows and doors for leakage.
- Examine the awning and make any repairs or modifications that are required.
- Do any necessary repairs to the plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems inside the house.
TIP: Keep track of all RV maintenance inspections, repairs, warranties, and owner’s manuals.
For RV owners who want to take a DIY approach to maintenance, there are plenty of resources available online, such as YouTube tutorials and RV forums. However, if you prefer to leave it to the professionals, there are many reputable RV maintenance and repair services in the Wisconsin area. Bring your RV by MJ Truck to ensure that all your odds and ends are in proper alignment! We also offer roadside assistance in the case of the unforeseen.
Performing a comprehensive maintenance check in the springtime is essential for keeping your RV running smoothly and preventing unexpected breakdowns on the road. By following this checklist and taking advantage of the resources available, you can ensure that your RV is ready for all your springtime adventures